Discover the Best Roof Shingles
Are all roofing shingles more or less the same? Not even close! The best roof shingles come with a Lifetime Limited 50-year warranty, can be specifically designed to survive extreme winds, and boast several other advantages. Several different brands and models offer these benefits – and that’s exactly what we’re highlighting in today’s blog.
At Mid-Shore Exteriors, we’re a Maryland roofer who’s dedicated to elite craftsmanship and taking time to provide answers to clients and potential clients alike. Doing research on the best roofing shingles is a great way to ensure your new roof lasts a long time and looks fantastic. See the traits to look for in the top asphalt shingles – or reach out right now to get a quote to replace your roof.
The Top Asphalt Shingles
At Mid-Shore Exteriors, we use a wide variety of different shingles from all of the nationally-leading brands. Since many shingles offer different advantages, the right shingle for your roof may differ due to unique challenges and your budget. However, when asked to pick the top asphalt shingles on the market, we go with GAF and CertainTeed!
In fact, our installation teams have Master ELITE GAF Certification & Shingle Master Certification by CertainTeed, meaning we can offer unbeatable warranties! However, if you want to learn more about the traits that make for the top asphalt shingles, that’s what we’re highlighting right here:
- 50-Year Transferable Warranty – This is the #1 most important trait of the top asphalt shingles. A 50-year warranty all but guarantees that you never need to worry about your roof again. Plus, this warranty is transferrable, meaning that it makes your house more attractive to some buyers if you ever put it on the market. Only the best made shingles can provide this kind of performance – simply put, you can’t get a better overall warranty than this. And because we are Master Elite GAF Certified and Shingle Master Certified by CertainTeed that 50 year warranty is non-prorated and is 100% covered for a FULL 50 years!
- Color Variety – Once upon a time, black was the only shingle color on the market. However, style-forward homeowners wanted a way to make their roof enhance their home’s curb appeal. The best shingles also come in a huge range of attractive colors, ranging from Pewter Gray to muted Biscayne Blue. While they might not be for every home, some the most eye-popping shingle colors include old reds and camouflage-style patterns. See some of our favorite GAF shingle colors.
- Cuts Your AC Bills – The right shingles can even help trim those sky-high summer AC bills. Cool roofs are designed to reflect the sun’s rays, keeping your home cool during the hottest days. These specialty shingles can save you money while also saving the environment. That year-over-year savings is enough to warrant mentioning this trait when discussing the top asphalt shingles.
- Protected from High Winds – Living near the shore means that our homes and roofs are more susceptible to high-speed hurricane winds. Many of the best shingles come with advanced protection against high winds. While many of our favorite shingles are rated to survive 130 mile per hour winds, we also offer a line of specialty shingles that are designed with specialty technology to resist high wind. These best-in-class roof shingles are backed by an UNLIMITED wind warranty. Roof damaged in a storm? We can help! Get the need-to-know info about roof repair insurance claims!
- Algae Defense – This is another issue that homeowners need to pay special attention to. The right roof shingles can also keep algae from growing on your roof. One of our shingle lines offers an unbeatable 25-year no algae warranty.
All five of these advantages make a difference for homeowners and are enough to earn a place on our list of the best roof shingle traits. Let us know which of these advantages you want to bring to your roof – and we’ll make a recommendation.
Learn how much a new roof will cost!
Mid-Shore Exterior’s Preferred Brands
Since our teams have the highest level certifications GAF and CertainTeed, we often choose to install these deluxe shingles. However, there are several other shingle brands that offer unique looks or advantages that we install as well. We also proudly install shingles from Owens-Corning, IKO, and Tamko.
Bring the Best Roof Shingles to Your Home
Bringing the best roof shingles to your home is a guarantee that they will look amazing, perform well, and last as long as you need. At Mid-Shore Exteriors, we’ve made our name by going above and beyond to do the best work – and that starts with the best shingles.
Reach out today to get more information on what you can expect from the top asphalt shingles – and get your FREE quote!